Hey Mords - Kosher options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin J

TVWBB Member
Hey Mords, I was thinking about you and decided to look around the web a bit for delivered Kosher meats. Some options but not any less then you are paying now. However, I found a couple of Temples, Shuls, (not sure of the terminology) that do either a co-op thing or group buys. Maybe you can get something similar setup there in NY for you and your Jewish friends? Buying as a group and through a temple should get you not only commercial rpices but bulk rates as well. Here are two linkw I found (and those CA prices look really good - $5.50/lb for whole Kosher brisket)

http://www.uscj.org/neweng/lexingte/KosherMeatCoop.html

http://www.chabadranchomirage.com/koshermeat.htm

Kevin

One other thing. I've found a couple of local meat wholesalers that will sell to the public on a cash basis. You might be able to find a local kosher processor you can go direct to. The local wholesaler here decided to consider me a "caterer".

Thank you very much kevin for doing some research...yes shuls,temples.. same thing...i never knew of such a thing of group buying....and 5.50 a pound thats really great....tahts almost half the price....and racho marage is close to were im going to be for the summer...im goign to look into this a little bit further.. thanks you very much.. very interesting.....
last night....around 9pm put on my brisket 5 pounder and two whole chickens...took the chickies off at 2am and now its about 8 am and the WSM was around 190 degrees... so im bringing back up again so i can get the right temp in the meat... but it looks great.... thanks once again Kevin.. take care
Mords

You kidding me?!?!?! Of course i did. .... i had a leg and then went back to bed......the white meat was a tad bit dry for me(my wife will like it) but i had a nice and juicy leg....a nice post midnight snack......
and my brisket is almost done.. take care
Mords

Very good, I hope it helps out. Maybe you can make friends with someone in Rancho Mirage who would be willing to freeze and ship you briskets when they do their buys. Shipping shouldn't be all that expensive, especially considering how much brisket costs you now per pound. If you paid what 2 punds costs you now, you would still come out ahead!

My mouth is watering thinking about your brisket on the smoker. I'm picking one up tonight for a party tomorrow and just can't wait!

seeing it on the grill, NICE! Eating it ...PRICELESS!!!!
oh it was awsome.... a breakfast brisket!!...ill be eating it tonight at the Shabbos Meal....
thanks once again
MOrds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back