Hey from Anderson, SC

JCampbell

Hey everyone. I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to join up. Had a gasser that needed to be replaced several years ago and I decided on the Performer and never looked back. It was a great decision.

I'm the owner of a Weber Performer, Smokey Joe and a Smokenator. I've done a few cooks using the smokenator that turned out well but I am thinking of getting a WSM to cut back on the babysitting. Anyways, I look forward to interacting with everyone here. Happy grilling!

JC

Welcome to the forum JC, I pretty much did the same as you. I found the video on the smokenator and was going to purchase one and then went and got the 22.5" WSM and so glad that I did

Welcome JC!
I loved my Smokenator, but once I got the 22" WSM, I've only used it once. Being able to hold temp for hour upon hour is really great. A few hours rack time on an overnight cook is priceless. It upped my game tremendously; enough that I got an 18 to keep it company..

Welcome JC!
I loved my Smokenator, but once I got the 22" WSM, I've only used it once. Being able to hold temp for hour upon hour is really great. A few hours rack time on an overnight cook is priceless. It upped my game tremendously; enough that I got an 18 to keep it company..

Welcome to the forum JC, I pretty much did the same as you. I found the video on the smokenator and was going to purchase one and then went and got the 22.5" WSM and so glad that I did

That's my thinking too Joe and Craig. Ive enjoyed using it with good results but think the WSM gives more options and ease of use... about time for an upgrade!

JC

Back