Hey Austin group - .99 brisket!

Paul K

TVWBB Guru
If you live around the Austin TX area, Randalls has choice brisket packers on sale for .99/lb. Good timing, because this ham will be gone by next weekend.

Thanks for the info, Paul! And I was just wonderin' what I was gonna cook this weekend, too!

By the way, HEB has babybacks on sale, too, but I'm not sure of the price.

Have a terrific Easter!!

--Mike

Paul - did you happen to read the fine print in that Randalls ad? I sure didn't (until I was at the checkout) - but there was a limit of 1 on the .99/lb briskets.

However, I ended up getting two anyway, and they've been in the WSM since midnight.

I also picked up several slabs of the baby backs from HEB - I'll be making those tomorrow for the final round of the Masters.

HEB also had 30-count shrimp on sale, so I picked up a pound and made Tequila Shrimp (p.312 Weber's Big Book of Grilling). I swear, that was the best tasting shrimp I ever had (despite the fact that I over-cooked it a wee bit).

Looks like we're in for a soggy Easter, huh? Well, all the best to you and yours.

-Mike

I did notice the fine print, but 1 brisket will be enough for the 3 of us...for a while. I need to check out that shrimp recipe; I've got 3 lbs in the freezer. 1 lb is going into a tomato-basil soup today. Good day for soup; what crazy weather we're having - I was running the a/c last week and tonight there's a chance of sleet. Enjoy the brisket and ribs!

I'm not even sure if we HAVE a Kroger up here, Jerry, but that's a way cool price on those baby backs. I paid $3.99 at HEB, and that was a sale price!

The brisket is still in the WSM, there's still two more rounds of the Masters to go, the ribs are "chilling out" in the fridge, and the only time I need to leave my house before Monday morning will be to deliver one of them briskets. It's gonna be a terrific Easter weekend!!!
icon_smile.gif

A wonderful Easter to you and yours, Jerry!!

-Mike

Back