Hey all! Long-timer here

TomMc

I know I joined this forum a LONG time ago but can't find the username or login. I bought one of the OLD WSM 18's - the ones with no ash pan and no temp gauge in the top. Around the same time, I got a Weber Genesis gas. Later, I became infatuated with the various pellet grills on the market and got a Green Mountain Daniel Boone pellet grill. I've used that for many years, but I have to tell you...I just bought a new Weber Performer Deluxe Performer 22 yesterday and *I think* I will be selling the old pellet grill. Sure, it was more convenient, but the taste and experience were just never the same.

I really struggled with the decision to pony up the extra bucks for the Performer, but after I assembled the thing, saw the counter space, and then had the gas assist....uh, yes please! I'm all in. And this was after trying to successfully get a chimney going last weekend with damp, windy conditions here in Illinois.

So, right now, it's all stock and ready to roll. Within 1-2 months, I'll have the Slow N Sear, maybe a probe grommet install, and other mods rocking just in time for summer heat.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum through the years, and especially Chris. I used to run a similar site/forum for Honda SUVs and it takes time and it's the continuous contributions of the members that truly make it a community! I hope to contribute more myself!

Hey Tom, and welcome back!

I found your old account, in your profile is says you ran ridgelineownersclub.com. I'm going to merge your old account into this new one.

Best,
Chris

Thanks, Chris! Yes...I owned Element Owners Club, Ridgeline Owners Club and more for several years. I appreciate it!

As much as I enjoyed the speed of pellet grilling, I began to miss the pleasure and patience of a good, Weber smoke and grill. Much fun to come starting with this weekend!

Back