Here's my dilema - ribs and wings same day

simon j

TVWBB Fan
Hi all,
So here's my dilemma. I have to cook 4 racks of ribs and chicken wings this saturday. The ribs I was going to do the 2-2-1 method similar to the technique that won it for Chris Allingham. For the wings, I was thinking of doing the crispy breaded lemon pepper chicken wings , again similar to what larry posted on this site. I'm thinking lower rack for the ribs and top rack the wings. The wings should be done around stage II of the ribs so both would be taken out of wsm. But my question is doing it in this manner , will the flavours collide during the first 2 hours ? I dont' want my wings to detract from my ribs and vice versa. I'll be using cherrywood chunks for my ribs as that is my preference. My second batch of wings will be done on my weber one touch, using the indirect method for sure. But as we know, doing an indirect method on the one touch, my surface is reduced.

If I were in your shoes, I'd plan on having the ribs finish an hour before serving time. I'd foil them and place in a cooler to keep them hot.

Then increase the WSM temp to 350ish and cook all the wings for about an hour.

Back