Here's how to sell with gumption!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This ad came up today. You have to like his kind of uppity attitude for selling a run of the mill Silver - Webber at that;) - which clearly needs some serious cleaning - and apparently parts as well:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/653976222/

$199 Webber Grill

Description
3 burner .works but might might need new burner kit. Looked it up its 50$ . Have an empty tank for an extra 20 $$ . If I fix it I will raise the price for parts and labor......

Bruce, Dave and other flippers,

Maybe we need to try the "new management, new attitude" plan:rolleyes:! Actually, this guy is dreaming, but I thought it was too good not to share.

Yah, that's funny. Especially with the price and misspelling of WEBBER. It looks good on the outside, but things are different under the hood.

That's the typical kind squirrel that posts on Letgo and OfferUp here in KC.
Speaking of which, I am really trying to branch out and use both of those, but
thus far has been a huge waste of time. I put up a WSM on there a while back,
as well as on fbmp. It sold in a day on fb. I forgot to take mark it sold on
OfferUp until about a month later. It had a whopping 25 views in about a month.
I typically have 50 views in the first 30 minutes on fbmp.
I currently have an 18-inch kettle and a Q2000 on there. 88 views and 37 views,
in a little over 48 hours. Better, but not great. Maybe if I change the ad title
to WEBBER it will change my luck with the millennials on the ap sites.

I'm surprised at the asking prices of some of the local grills for sale by me as well. Quite a few are asking over $200 for well used Silver Bs and I've seen a Gold for over $300. Maybe with a full rehab, but most definitely not in the shape they're currently in. Then below that is a realistic ad for maybe $50 or $75. I'm convinced people don't do even a little research to see what they should reasonable price their grills at.

I'm surprised at the asking prices of some of the local grills for sale by me as well. Quite a few are asking over $200 for well used Silver Bs and I've seen a Gold for over $300. Maybe with a full rehab, but most definitely not in the shape they're currently in. Then below that is a realistic ad for maybe $50 or $75. I'm convinced people don't do even a little research to see what they should reasonable price their grills at.

For something in GOOD shape and COMPLETELY functional, and at least hosed off that might not be completely unrealistic.

However with people asking those prices for the disaster that some of them are in, it gives me hope that when I finally get around to the rest of my projects I will do okay because they will be cleaned and scrubbed painted and fully functional when I list them for a similar price. Now if the stores would just stop blowing out new grills on clearance that would also be nice.

Back