Help with the glow plug

DrewM

TVWBB Member
So I got my EX6 today and while installing the glow plug I believe this wire came loose. Can anyone confirm if this wire is indeed supposed to be connected or if it is supposed to be loose... Pretty sure it’s supposed to be on there, I also am not sure of how that glow plug is angled out of the housing...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 20
On this Harry Soo video
at the 9:23 spot you can see the black wire is crimped into a ring connector that is attached to the side of the housing. I had to go to full screen to see this clear. The glow plug should go straight in and snap into place. I've only done it once but that's what I remember. Hope it helps

On this Harry Soo video
at the 9:23 spot you can see the black wire is crimped into a ring connector that is attached to the side of the housing. I had to go to full screen to see this clear. The glow plug should go straight in and snap into place. I've only done it once but that's what I remember. Hope it helps
Thank you, Lew. I got the glow plug in there but it was tough to do. Just got off the phone with Weber support and they’re expediting me a new housing/wire system for that glow plug.

Is the ring connector still attached to the side of the housing? It looks like the wire insulation has been crimped. IF the loop connector is there and IF you can get it off you can loosen the crimp, insert the wire, and crimp it with vice grips. I'm just trying to help and hope I'm not insulting your intelligence. That's what I would do.

All good, no offense taken. I think I’d have to solder that connector loop I believe? I don’t have the tools for that but my neighbor does. Going to see if he can get that going while I wait for the replacement so I can at least fire this thing up.

Lew you are on it!! Glad you have embraced the SF! Drew I hope you get it worked out!

Thank you, gentlemen. Will let you know how it turns out. On the bright side, I think I got the newer pellet ramp even though I went and picked this up from Lowe’s today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 26
I have the old ramp and there's no flat section at the top. I guess that's the new one. The picture shows it well.

Yeah, that's the insert. Mine came with that too, but with an old auger/chute revision. I cannot tell from your pic, is the chute into the auger silver or black?

Wouldn’t call it silver, but maybe a dark grey?

Attachments

• C44C9723-50DA-4DA3-92B7-246D91C3F0DC.jpeg
    C44C9723-50DA-4DA3-92B7-246D91C3F0DC.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 917DFBF6-B3B9-47D9-8FD1-A5AB977E140B.jpeg
    917DFBF6-B3B9-47D9-8FD1-A5AB977E140B.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 11
Lew you are on it!! Glad you have embraced the SF! Drew I hope you get it worked out!
Bruno, I went into this eyes wide open but if I want to keep making BBQ for the family I need a pellet grill that will grill and smoke. I think the Smokefire will catch up to the hype in a couple of years but I may not have 2 more years. That's on God's hands. I have made modifications to every smoker I've owned and started with the pellet hopper on the Smokefire. Learning as fast as I can.

Back