Help with Temperature on Round Sirloin Tip Roast

Pat Trammell

TVWBB Fan
First I am heavily indebted to the post of Jul 3, 2005 started by Jon Liberman concerning this cut. As is his custom, Jim Minion was available with much gentlemanly advice, which was well appreciated. This post if in the Beef Recipe section for those that are interested.

One thing I am unclear on however. At what cook temperature should the meat be smoked? I think Jon smoked at between 275-280*, but other beef recipes (prime rib) etc., call for 325-250*

Any insight would be deeply appreciated, as I put a 10 lb. roast on about 15 minutes ago.

Thanks for all your help!!

Pat, With that cut of meat i would prefer to do the high heat cook myself. 300 - 350 range and cook to med rare - med.
icon_smile.gif

I prefer a higher temp cook as well (~350) for the range of doneness it provides. If you want less range cook at the lower temps (~250-275). I pull at 130. The temp will rise during the rest.

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the heads up. I'm pretty excited about this, and hope it is as good as advertised. Am still scratching my head as to how to slice it, but I hope to figure something out.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

Back