Help with Genesis 2000

Patrick McMahon

I just purchased a used Genesis 2000 that seems to work pretty well. I mainly am looking for advice on how to restore it to look like the gem it deserves to be. Main areas of concern:
Burner tubes - they seem to be working perfectly, would just like a second set of eyes
End caps - dirty discolored
Frame - dirty discolored
Wood slats - in decent shape but dirty/stained

Thanks in advance!
IMG_3209.jpegIMG_3207.jpegIMG_3204.jpegIMG_3201.jpegIMG_3206.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpeg
    IMG_3199.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3200.jpeg
    IMG_3200.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 13
What are your plans for the grill?
This will help figure out the best path moving forward.

Here is some information

Last edited:
What are your plans for the grill?
This will help figure out the best path moving forward.

Here is some information

Hi. Thanks for the info. I basically just intend to clean up the grill and use it. What do you think about the burners from the pic?

I'm guessing it is a 1991 or within a year of 91.

Control panel doesn't have 8006 number and the Igniter lever doesn't have a bezel and has the pivot on the back side.

View attachment 98824View attachment 98825
Excellent observations Dan?
Hi. Thanks for the info. I basically just intend to clean up the grill and use it. What do you think about the burners from the pic?
Can I see a picture of them with the grill off? Have you done a close inspection?
I learned from @Steve Hoch that if there are any weak spots or broken welds you will want to replace them because it can cause a lot of heat in that spot and cause damage to the cook box. So it's definitely worth a close inspection. Dont try to remove the screws to remove the burners. There are wing nuts on the outside of the cook box on the control panel side to remove the manifold and slide the burners out the side.

Back