help with first turkey on performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

TVWBB Fan
i will be taking the turkey out of freezer today and would like to try it with performer this coming saturday. This will be my 2nd use of the performer and 1st use of turkey with a BBQ.

Any advice on best method of turkey preparation and will the indirect cooking method using the two weber charcoal baskets work good with the turkey?

Those of you who did a turkey on performer before using indirect heat, how much time should i expect in total and how often should i be adding fresh charcoal to the baskets and how many? What temp should i target during cooking and should i leave top and bottom vents wide open?

In terms of taste of a turkey cooked with charcoal, what should i expect? My family members are negative and say that turkeys are not to be used with bbq and that it will be ruined, and etc...

By the way, i was reading reviews on the kettle rotisserie from weber that one can use to roast a turkey. I want to ask what will be the difference in quality and taste between a roasted turkey or one that i will do on saturday that will be done with indirect heat and no rotisserie.

Is the rotisserie wort $149?

please advice

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back