Help with a menu - Southern US

...and with pulled pork shoulder and either slow-cooked green beans or baked beans, you can do a BBQ sundae with all of it..just put a pickle wedge on the top.

The BBQ sundae recipe (pork recipe forum) that I posted the other day had hash browns and cheddar instead of mac and cheese, and actually, mashed potatoes is more common if you look up "BBQ sundae" or "BBQ parfait" online. However, mac and cheese would work great for the potato part, and I noticed it on the Loveless Cafe catering menu for their BBQ sundae under "action stations". (At the event I played at a couple of weeks ago, maybe they subbed the hash browns since there was a pasta bar.) Anyhow, I can't stress too much how great these simple southern sides go with pulled pork. If putting in a sundae, I think you probably want a good red sauce that's not too thick or thin, not too sweet or too vinegary.

I have never heard of a BBQ sundae, so thank you for posting this. It is on my go-to next time I thaw out some frozen pulled pork I got in the freezer from my last cook. That sounds like it would be PERFECT for serving people at a get together. Having a little make your own sundae station with lots of different toppings would be so cool, and much meatier than a regular top your own ice cream sundae get together. ;)

And I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH YELLOW CORNMEAL SHOULD BE USED IN CORNBREAD!!!!!!! AND NO SUGAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I won't rant any further on the cornbread issue! Hahaha. That recipe Mr. Smith posted up above me looks like a good one. I always just eyeball it since I've made it a good bit with my grandma. Still can't make it like her though, and I suspect it's because she uses their own cornmeal from the corn they raise.

Back