Help with 2011 Genny Ep-310 cook box.

DaveW

TVWBB Wizard
Rehabbing a grill that had a bit of a flame up. Quite a bit of paint has flaked off the cookbox. Problem is, Weber went to some gray/brown kind of color for the cookbox and frame. Anyone know of a good color matching high heat paint for this ? I checked out Rustoleum at HomeDepot. Closest they had was an Almond color HH paint and it's just too light a color.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dave, Time to update that signature and congrats on the new grill! Wanting to follow this thread as I am looking for tips on painting my 2011 S-310. My hood has some discoloration on the sides. Cheers.

Dave,
Check with this company:

http://www.vhtpaint.com/high-heat;jsessionid=1o66eni741n1p19lc7rnsd99el

I would opt for either the Engine paint or the Brake Caliper paint as I have used both with good results. The Header paint is also an option.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Dave, Time to update that signature and congrats on the new grill! Wanting to follow this thread as I am looking for tips on painting my 2011 S-310. My hood has some discoloration on the sides. Cheers.

Thanks MARoan, but I'm not keeping this one. It's going to a friend.

I was really hoping that someone else had already gone down this road and could recommend exactly which paint to get, right down to the color and maybe even the UPC code. :D

Guess I'm going to have to take a side panel with me to the auto stores and see if there's a paint that comes close in color, or one that will look good as a substitute.

Guess I'm going to have to take a side panel with me to the auto stores and see if there's a paint that comes close in color, or one that will look good as a substitute.

Let us know how you do. I called Weber Friday and they were no help -- really surprised they did not have any paint or suggestions. I used a medium gray rust paint from the hardware store and it came out too light -- did not match.

Went to Autozone to take a look at the variety of VHT paints they carry. I had disassembled the grill lid previously so I took the side panel with me. Looking through all the paints they had, I couldn't find any color that was even close to being a match. Ended up leaving empty handed. When I got back home, I grabbed a stock pick of my particular grill (Smoke Grey) and played around with it some. Decided to try and see how the grill would look if I used some black paint.

Here's what the stock grill looks like:

genny%20300.jpg

This is just painting the upper and lower cookbox along with 2 pieces of trim.

genny%20300%20box.jpg

ANd here is what it would look like if I did cabinet as well.

genny%20300%20all.jpg

At this point, I've decided that black will be ok and that I'll just paint the cook box and leave the cabinet alone. I grabbed a can of Rustoleum High Heat Ultra black which I've used before and been happy with. But, I also grabbed a can of VHT Flameproof black header paint. I noticed that the can said it was a silica - ceramic coating, and that that might be worth checking out.

Probably going to try and paint tomorrow, and will update with photos if I do.

Back