Help! What exactly did I get and how do I prepare them?!?!

Mike,
That was the crazy thing and part of the reason I asked what I got, these guys were only 10 bucks. I have seen Beef Short Ribs before and ones that look good but for 40 to 50 bucks for one rack. When I couldn't find a TT I thought for 10 bucks, what the hell, go for it even in they are not that good. I wish I would have trimmed them first, but this woke up a desire to a bigger better quality piece of beef on the WSM.
Nice job on those ribs! I'd say you're ready to do the brisket. What's holding you back?

Nice job on those ribs! I'd say you're ready to do the brisket. What's holding you back?
My family is not big beef eaters, my youngest will eat some with me, my son and wife may or may not try it and have a bit or two. I just have always felt like it was to much money, time, food for just me to really eat. I have also keep telling myself, brisket is what I get when I got to bbq joints, I am not try to brag, but yesterday's ribs were better then any brisket I have gotten out. I think I am at the point were I want to get a brisket flat and go for it.

When you go for the brisket, a whole packer will likely be more satisfying than a flat, which is prone to drying out.

It is expensive and large, but you can cut the leftovers into slabs, vac seal, and freeze. Reheat in a pot of hot water, and it will be like it just came off the smoker.

Back