Help sorting out Serial Number on 2008 Genesis Special Edition

Willard

TVWBB Fan
Please help me sort out the serial number on the 1st picture enclosed. Due to the elements, I tried to clean it up and ended up smudging it. I want to inquire with Weber to see if the warranty still covers it.

I need burners, the igniter and the casters. Also, water went into the Thermometer making it look like a fish tank.

**** UPDATE **** No need to bother with the serial number as this is not under warranty.

Attachments

• EC3A62C7-4558-49FE-A1A7-BF94B002ECB2.jpeg
    EC3A62C7-4558-49FE-A1A7-BF94B002ECB2.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 15
  • D3432E21-E5DB-43C6-BF64-666EB366C923.jpeg
    D3432E21-E5DB-43C6-BF64-666EB366C923.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 267B8BF8-1AF1-4F4E-9AE0-F37E6157FB5E.jpeg
    267B8BF8-1AF1-4F4E-9AE0-F37E6157FB5E.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 0771AAC5-A198-4262-A268-1DB7A1F9AEAF.jpeg
    0771AAC5-A198-4262-A268-1DB7A1F9AEAF.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I learned the hard way also. Take pics before and after cleaning. Lots of the them. Anyway. My guess is A (D or B) 1 8 [ no idea] 3 4 9 3. I heard that someone here tried going to Weber's web site and try registering it and keep trying until you get a good one.

I believe none of those things will be under warranty anymore. Only the firebox and lid had a chance if that helps. Measure the old parts and go to Amazon would be my advice. Is this a flip or keep?

Hey Joe, this will very likely be a flip. I realize now this isn't a Genesis II, which does have 10 year warranty. I'll just buy the parts I need. I need the four(4) caster wheels a whole igniter for this Genesis?

Surprisingly, Amazon has great prices on these parts.

Will the thermometer work even though it looks like a fish tank? Or are they gone when that happens?

1632500066532.png

Last edited:
Those casters are not for the 300 series grills. They are too small and made for the earlier Genesis grills. I am looking, too. They are really expensive

Are you sure that you can not rescue your wheels as new ones look to be about $20 a pop https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFC6ZPP/?tag=tvwb-20
I can't rescue the wheels. I found this baby behind a dumpster by the MetroNorth train station. I drove by with my family and out of the corner of my eye spotted what looked like a grill. I drove back and there it was on top of a moving dolly.

There's no rust on the cabinet at all. Grates, burners, Flav bars, knobs are all in good condition. Just needs a good cleanup. The only parts I will need to buy are the igniter, casters and maybe the thermometer.

Thanks for pointing out I was about to buy the wrong casters. Does Home Depot or Lowes have any casters we can adapt for this? I assume the little plastic caster inserts to fit the Weber frame maybe an issue.

Thanks for pointing out I was about to buy the wrong casters. Does Home Depot or Lowes have any casters we can adapt for this? I assume the little plastic caster inserts to fit the Weber frame maybe an issue.
Do you have any of the old ones? If so I would measure them and do a Google search. If you don't have any order 1 to measure then search.

Or look for another E3xx grill that has been pushed to the curb and grab the wheels.

Something like this, only in your area.

You won’t believe this. I searched on CL and FBM and a similar grill is being sold for parts for $25 near me. I’m coming to get it tomw.

I believe it.

It may not be as easy or convenient as Amazon or Home Depot, but sometimes, it is the most economical and basically the only way.

I picked up another Genesis E3xx for the parts that I needed, but the one I picked up today is in better condition than the one I started with.

A case of Blackjack "splitting aces", which happens when you split your cards into two separate sets. I have that, as both grills are worth fixing. I'm starting to run out of space. I just started this and I'm already on my 14th grill. Presently, I have six(6) grills plus our primary grill. Weberitis for sure.

Last edited:
Today I picked up two grills. I now have 3 in the shed, 3 in the garage and 1 in the mudroom.

This reminds me of something I wanted to ask. Do people sell grills during these upcoming cold months? Or hold and wait until March?

Last edited:
Today I picked up two grills. 3 in the shed, 3 in the garage and 1 in the mudroom.

This reminds me of something I wanted to ask. Do people sell grills during these upcoming cold months? Or hold and wait until March?
I was surprised but last year I was able to sell them throughout the winter. I tend to price them right so they sell quickly.

That probably depends a lot on your winter climate. Here in Wisconsin, I am done with rehabbing by early October and open back up early April. I have sold grills in October, but it slows. This year, the slow down has already begun (or it might be other factors). But my last grill sold took a bit over a week which was very unusual and my current grill is pushing a week right now with little interest. I have one more that will go up for sale in a day or two but that will be it for me. It seems many of the grills I sell in the fall are "cabin grills" for people outfitting their hunting cabins for the upcoming season. I hope a couple of those show up soon.

The COVID stimulus money has dried up and inflation is raging and undeniable right now. I think things are going to turn down going forward. While it might put a hit on rehab sales a bit, I think the fact that everything else is going up, to include new Weber grills, will help. When people see a $900 plus price tag for a base Genesis 3 burner, they might rethink their buying strategy.

Since I won't be able to take the parts from the 2nd Genesis E310 I picked up, as I will rebuild that one as well, I still need a set of casters. How do I determine which other grills have casters I can use so I could target those? Or must I pick specifically Genesis E3xx for their casters?

I suppose summit grills might have the same size casters, but otherwise, as far as I know, the only Genesis grills that used the E3xx casters were the 2007 to 2013 E3xx grills.

Back