Help please with tomorrows turkey

Deb

I have a 13 and 1/2 pound butterball in a brine....cut back on the salt a bit as I read different views on this for a butterball. Putting it on the webber rotisserie tomorrow. How much time am I looking at for entire cook? Hope I don't mess this up
icon_eek.gif
....any tips from you GREAT COOKING GUYS will be greatly appreciated....totally nervous.....Debby

Hi Deb I usually budget 15 min per pound +/- of course.. whole bird sounds good on the rotiss!

Deb, I did one turkey on the rotisserie and one on my 18" WSM for Thanksgiving. I started the WSM up a few hour earlier because I was cooking at a lower temp. I have done a couple dozen turkeys on the WSM. That turned out great. The one on the performer with the rotisserie I had problems with. I live in Wisconsin so it was in the 20's that day. I would give yourself 4-5 hour cooking time. You can always foil it and put it in a cooler for a hour or more, if its done early.Keep out of the wind and keep the temps up.

Deb, Welcome to the forum! That sounds like it will be delicious! I've never done a whole bird, just the breast. My only thought is to make sure the bird is balanced properly on the rotisserie. 4+ hours can be taxing on a small motor. Please let us know how it turns out.

Back