HELP!! One-Touch sweeper replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Purnell

TVWBB Pro
anyone know how to take out the ash sweepers on a otg? I bent a sweeper up slightly and I need to take it out and rebend it back down. thanks!

Mike,

Twist the handle 180 degrees. When installed, there is a flat tab sticking straight up that holds everything together.

If it has had some use, you may need to press a flat head screwdriver on the tab to get it to spin. In that case, you would have to move the ring that holds the bucket.

Let me know if it doesn't work, I may still have the installation instructions at home I could scan you to get you pictures.

There is a staking process on that control lever that creates a tab. that tab presses against the washer with the H shape cut out. it is keyed thru the mounting bracket, rotated 90 degs up and presses on the H washer -keeping it all together.

you need to turn the control lever 90 degrees to release the pressure on the tab and it will slide out of the keyed mounting holes.

I would leave the stack of sweepers together on the mounting bracket and bend them into place. then return it to the bowl in the same position. They can be placed in there incorrectly and won't open and close as you would expect.

it may help to have someone push down on the center of the sweepers while you turn the control lever -both when you remove and install the control lever.

if you remove them from the mounting bracket, be sure to put them back in the correct order. each one has clearance for the material thickness of the each sweeper.

you may be able to feed something, like a section of coat hanger wire or popsicle stick, near the center of the bowl underneath the sweeper that's bent up. you'll create a lever action and maybe you'll bend it down enough.

Awesome, thanks everyone! Worked perfectly, I forgot about that little tab. I was trying to twist it earlier but I was afraid of bending the arm.

Thanks for your help.

There is definitely a certain order and way to install each thing, as I did it without the instructions the first time... let's just say the closed position was wide open, and middle area was closed, and then back ti wide open.

I grabbed the instructions it went smoothly the second time around.

If you are giong to completely disassemble, I would write 1 2 & 3 on each sweeper and note there position in relation to the bowl handle.

I kept the sweepers together and just bent the one arm back down. Then put the whole unit back into the hole again in it's original position so I didn't mess up the open/close positions. Wanna be performer project now completed, will post pics soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back