help on 5 lb tank for ss performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim C

TVWBB Super Fan
i got my 1991 back together and when i went to fire it up i found a bad leak on the regulator. called weber and they want $100 bucks to get it running.$50 for a regulator and $50 for a new 5 lb tank with a quick disconnect cuz my fitting is outdated.
what have some of you with older ss performers done about the outdated gas tanks and regulators? any help is greatly appreciated

I don't know that it's worth a hundred bucks just to be able to light the charcoal. A twenty dollar chimney (which you probably already have) will get the job done. Won't the new regulator hose and quick connect work with the older tank? I would think that it would. If it does, you can probably find someone to fill the older tank. Once filled they last a long time (because you're not cooking with them, you're just starting the charcoal).

Bill

I don't have one, but could a regulator for Colman stoves work, then attach a new propane tank ?

where is Hank Hill when we need him...
icon_wink.gif

Dan,

Are you a member of either CBBQA or SoCal IDOS? I'm a member of both and wondered if we've met at some meeting or other.

Bill

not yet. I will be joining this next week. I was asked here about dutch oven groups,I have not been involved as all my cooking was with the scouts or church, but hey I am open to new things
icon_cool.gif

I am morbidly undertall and spend most of my time driving around in my wheeliechair so if you met me you WOULD remember
icon_eek.gif
I was given my nick name by fellow scouters.

I think since we live close we should meet up some time {most of the people on this board would think driving 50 miles one way is a long trip, here that is a SHORT commute.....

I will keep an eye out for a meeting with those groups, let me know if you will be at one and we can do a face to face.

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Dan,

Are you a member of either CBBQA or SoCal IDOS? I'm a member of both and wondered if we've met at some meeting or other.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is CBBQA still around? it looks like the last update of the website is 2005 and emails requesting information bounce

dan

ended up getting the new regulator from weber and the quick connect to pol adapter from ace. they were a little prouder of their adapter $20. at this point i just wanna use the thing. so by late next week i'll be done. and so the search for another one begins.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan {dutch oven Dan}:
is CBBQA still around? it looks like the last update of the website is 2005 and emails requesting information bounce

dan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be going to an older web page. Try this one.

Bill

Dan,

I didn't see that you posted two messages so I only responded to the second one. There was actually a big meeting of the SoCal Dutch Oven Group this weekend but I didn't realize until today and I already had other plans (The Long Beach Bayou Festival is also this weekend).

We should try to meet up. Where do you live (the designation "Los Angeles" is a little vague.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Dan,

I didn't see that you posted two messages so I only responded to the second one. There was actually a big meeting of the SoCal Dutch Oven Group this weekend but I didn't realize until today and I already had other plans (The Long Beach Bayou Festival is also this weekend).

We should try to meet up. Where do you live (the designation "Los Angeles" is a little vague.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Diamond Bar and yes we do. I plan on going to Harry's smokin' class in July and will probably going to any of the local contests

I just joined the smoke club and plan on joining the dutch oven club soon.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back