Help Now! BRITU on the Smoker.

M Menendez

TVWBB Fan
Help, I have my first smoke on right now and am wondering if anyone has ever foiled ribs using the BRITU recipe? HELP time is running out. I need to make this a good smoke my wife has been giveing me all kinds of trouble about this new smoker.

Thanks
Mike

Here is another proven technique for loinback ribs on the WSM, employing foil. Note that the time in foil it specifies depends upon the cooker being held strictly at 225°. Hotter temps, and less time in foil is an absolute must, or the racks will be falling apart. In your case, if you're cooking at 225-235°, even 45 minutes in foil will speed you along quite nicely.

Foiling is great for getting that last minute assurance that the meat will fall off the bones. I foil with BRITU for 30 minutes one hour before I plan to take the ribs off. then I remove the foil and finish them without it. Sometimes out of the foil they come out almost too moist! Good luck

I had an old trusty recipe fhat called for foiling that I used for years. I did the BRITU this spring without foiling and was astounded. I had made my recipe a couple of times without foiling and didn't like it at all. I haven't looked back yet. I haven't tried anything different yet because I really like BRITU. One of these days when I get tired of them I will have to stray and try some of the other great recipes.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M Menendez:
Help, I have my first smoke on right now and am wondering if anyone has ever foiled ribs using the BRITU recipe? HELP time is running out. I need to make this a good smoke my wife has been giveing me all kinds of trouble about this new smoker.

Thanks
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike? Its been a couple of hours. How are the ribs doing?

Ok, guys the ribs turned out GREAT! I did foil about 30 minutes at the end and added a little apple juice.

Now what do I do with all of these left overs is there a way to keep smoked baby backs?? I still have a slab and 1/2 on the smoker.

Help again.
This is a great board.

Tightly wrapped in foil in the refrigerator if you plan to finish them over the course of the next couple days-- you can reheat in the same foil. If no FoodSaver, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil and freeze. Did you cut them all up, or just the ones you ate?

I have what you would call 1/2 slabs I cut each full slab in 1/2. Yes I do have a food saver do I chance it with the bones sticking out? I would like to freeze some and just keep a few in the fridge for tomorrow.

Thanks

I've had good luck vacuum-sealing and freezing half slabs of ribs. The bone ends are cut pretty square, and if they're loinbacks or spares trimmed St. Louis-style, it works out OK. You just have to watch when you put them in the freezer that they don't scuff up against other frozen items when you're digging around, potentially making some holes.

Back