Help - new Genesis or previous model?

Or, buy the 335 old stock, get the 9mm solid rod SS grates and save a few hundred bucks. THen, if you still feel cramped on the cook space, think about purchasing a Weber Q2000 or Q3000 with the savings. That would give you even more cook space and allow you to cook distinctly different foods on grills simultaneously. I love to cook steaks on Genesis Platinum three burner and then near the end of the cook, I can throw my asparagus on the Q200 and have both done at the same time. That is just one example. Or if you are cooking for a large group, you can fire both up and cook enough ribeyes for a hoard of guests.

Or, buy the 335 old stock, get the 9mm solid rod SS grates and save a few hundred bucks. THen, if you still feel cramped on the cook space, think about purchasing a Weber Q2000 or Q3000 with the savings. That would give you even more cook space and allow you to cook distinctly different foods on grills simultaneously. I love to cook steaks on Genesis Platinum three burner and then near the end of the cook, I can throw my asparagus on the Q200 and have both done at the same time. That is just one example. Or if you are cooking for a large group, you can fire both up and cook enough ribeyes for a hoard of guests.
Well, one thing that has crossed my mind is to get the outgoing 335 with the 9mm grate, and then with the saved money, get a Blackstone or Camp Chef 36" flat top for my backyard setup...crazy?

Paul, that is basically what suggest with the Q grill....but hey, you can do a lot of simultaneous and diverse cooking with the flattop or blackstone. Sounds like a great plan if you think you will use them all and you have the $$$$.

Well, one thing that has crossed my mind is to get the outgoing 335 with the 9mm grate, and then with the saved money, get a Blackstone or Camp Chef 36" flat top for my backyard setup...crazy?
Not crazy. I’ve got a 36” Blackstone as well. It’s a breakfast slayer and primarily why I got it (hash browns, pancakes, eggs, bacon, French toast etc) and it’s great. Not as high quality as I expected but it works so there it is.

I have looked a Napoleon's and they look very nice. Reviews were mixed though, including burners blowing out with wind, and variable quality of customer service. Decided to stick with Weber.
Just remember if a burner blows out on a Nappy, it will relight itself, if it blows out on a new style Genesis (and believe me they DO) it will keep pouring gas into the firebox until you get a giant fireball type of reignition. Great entertainment but not so good for being safe

Just remember if a burner blows out on a Nappy, it will relight itself, if it blows out on a new style Genesis (and believe me they DO) it will keep pouring gas into the firebox until you get a giant fireball type of reignition. Great entertainment but not so good for being safe
Thank you, I had no idea that could happen!

Thank you, I had no idea that could happen!
Oh yeah and let me tell ya. It's really entertaining to hear that huge WHUMP when it lights off. It happens occasionally on my Wolf. So I typically do not open the lid unless I peek into the flame check holes in front. I am going to build some type of flame crossover tubes like Joe was suggesting

Isn't that what the old "Flame Check" system on the old Genesis 1-5 grills was designed to prevent? I thought it would shut down the gas flow if the thermocouple detected that the burner(s) had gone out???

Isn't that what the old "Flame Check" system on the old Genesis 1-5 grills was designed to prevent? I thought it would shut down the gas flow if the thermocouple detected that the burner(s) had gone out???
At least thanks to the XOver ignition system it minimized that threat. IIRC Weber even touted it as a safety feature

New to the forum but lurked for a while now. In case someone is looking for another opinion, I just pulled the trigger on the GII E-325 over the new 2022 models. I labored over the choice, but in the end I preferred the tank on the exterior (easier to muscle into place) and provides more storage underneath as a result. I also felt the side tables are a bit more stable on the 2021 version. The larger table is nice on the 2022, but the larger one flexed a bit. Plus, I think the 2021 has more character.

I have a 2001 Silver B that's tired and has some frame rot in the typical spots... and I just wanted a new one. I plan to rehab it, but being it was my only grill, I didn't want to be without. I've had this Silver B for over 20 years and it's been amazing. I think I'm on my 4th set of flavorizor bars. I also have a small 2-burner Blackstone that's awesome for what it is. The GII storage will finally be a place to keep my supplies for both the Blackstone and the Weber.

I pick up the new beast tomorrow AM!

- Mike

I have looked a Napoleon's and they look very nice. Reviews were mixed though, including burners blowing out with wind, and variable quality of customer service. Decided to stick with Weber.
The newer Webers dropped the crossover ignition, so if a burner blows out, you have to relight it. Napoleon relights. At least that is my understanding. I stuck with Weber last year just from past experience.

The newer Webers dropped the crossover ignition, so if a burner blows out, you have to relight it. Napoleon relights. At least that is my understanding. I stuck with Weber last year just from past experience.
You are correct about the crossover. I also like that you do not have to hit a button to ignite. Just like a stove.

Back