Help!! Looking for a basic control system

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
Got it, Ray. I didn't mean to imply that the 10 cfm fan was a Competitor-only unit and know that it can be used with any controller. Poor phrasing on my part.

Lately I've gotten away from using my Guru meat probe because I just check temps with my Thermapen near the end of the cook...you have to check the meat in several places anyway. I just received a pit-probe-only probe unit from Guru (they'll make one for anyone) and I like it a lot. I didn't want to just cut off the meat probe from what I already have and the one-wire probe unit keeps the coiled-up unused meat probe from getting in the way.

Rita </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rita, Good to know if I stay with the Competitor, still not sure if I'm going to upgrade to the DigiQ. If I do upgrade I'll keep the Comepetitor, trade in for $25.00 it's worth more to me as a spare or for my second WSM still in the box, than to get a measly $25.00 off for a trade in on a DigiQ for my $200.00 Competitor that still works perfect.
icon_confused.gif
I wasn't born yesterday.
icon_biggrin.gif
That said it looks as if the DigiQ's have a seperate meat and pit temp probe. Can anyone varify this? Thanks, Bryan

Follow up post to the one above. The more I think about this the more ticked off I become. Now I'm not saying anything bad about the Guru peeps but I more than a little peeved. They sent a reply to my email about the DigiQ which I posted. What's wrong with this picture. $25.00 for my competitor on a trade in for a DigiQ. Now If i keep my competitor and use the fan off of it I just saved $64.00 for a $5.00 10 cfm computer fan that I already have. Also shipping ain't cheap these days boys and girls, I'd have to pay to ship the competitor to them to get a $25.00 discount
icon_confused.gif
Well the old saying goes, "there's one born every minute" glad I'm not one of them. Rant done and I feel better, Thanks for listening.
icon_smile.gif

Hi Bryan,

I just received my DigiQ and yes, it has separate meat and pit temp probes. In addition, the probes connect to the DigiQ via 1/8" mono plubs. Another nice feature is that while the plugs for the 12 volt power adapter and fan plug look identical, the plug diameters are slightly different so you can't plug the power adapter into the fan receptical on the DigiQ.

I understand your frustration with the $25 Competitor trade in credit. While the DigiQ has some nice features, it performs the same functions as the Competitor. Given the small credit I wouldn't upgrade. You'd come out better listing it on Ebay.

Definitely get the 10 CFM fan. You will use it to increase you fire temperature quickly and to get your temp up into the 350 degree range to try high temperture brisket.

Back