HELP last minute roast

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My wife thought she had pulled rib steaks out for me to grill but I just went in to prep them opened up the package and found a rib roast so I have fired up the WSM question being is that it is a 3 pound roast if I cook at a constant 250 or 275 when do I get to eat it is a liitle before 3 here

A rib roast would be better cooked at higher temperatures -- say 325 degrees. At roasting temps like that, I figure a rough guide of 15 to 25 minutes per pound. However, that figure assumes a fairly good size roast -- small roasts sometimes take longer per pound.

Best bet is a probe thermometer in the center. I generally pull a roast beef off in the 130 - 135 degree range. That will give a rare center and medium towards the ends.

In any case, you shouldn't have any problem roasting a rib roast at 325 degrees in an hour to an hour and half. If you are really pressed for time, you can always slice it into rib eye steaks.

I use to eat at a little joint called the Wagon Wheel south of Hattiesburg, MS. They would cook prime rib, leaving it very rare. Then, when you ordered, they would take a nice thick piece and slap it on a wood grill like a steak for a couple of minutes to finish it, serving it with bar-b-q sauce. Wow. Good stuff.

Thank you for the help this should be interesting its going to be a true rub and grub experience as hsd no time to do anything but rub it and put it on the grill will let you know how it goes /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back