Help! Cajun Bandit Door Installation?!

JeffB

TVWBB Pro
Got the CB door for birthday but it came without the latch for my 22.5" WSM. The latch on my 22.5 doesn't seem to fit the CB door! Am I missing something?! How do I get the new door to fit?

This is so frustrating after reading the glowing reviews on the CB door. Please help!

Your existing latch should fit.

They sell door only, and door + latch.
Door only....fits your latch. Door+latch...fits a special latch . Square hole I think?

Got the CB door for birthday but it came without the latch for my 22.5" WSM. The latch on my 22.5 doesn't seem to fit the CB door! Am I missing something?! How do I get the new door to fit?

This is so frustrating after reading the glowing reviews on the CB door. Please help!
Call them and get their latch it’s 100% better

I know door on 22 is bigger, and harder to seal due to that.

The stock door, is perfectly fine for the 18 imo.

Unless you step on it.

I bought CB door for 18, and sold it.

It didnt fit any better than stock . Maybe not as well. Bigger corner gaps. It didnt latch as well...lightly and tight.

It is so stiff, it flexes the wsm shell.

It ground porcelain off shell in bottom corners due to hardness/stiffness.

The z bend at bottom isnt sharp enough due to metal thickness.

It might have looked better...if your into that...thats all.

I think weber knew what they were doing with the door....at least on smaller wsms.

I think many have issues when shell is out of round......you can do that with a hit from fist....its that easy. That heavy stainless.door wont ever fit once that happens. Which is why people also buy gaskets.....

Last edited:
I could never get the door latch on the CB door and it fell apart trying to put it back on the original door that came with my 22.5. Owell. I guess I'm ordering the door latch online which will cost me a Zillion $$$. Lesson learned...:confused:

I got the CB door with latch. No problems and the latch is much better than the OEM. Can you post a pic of the CB door and the latch you have? The CB door is much better on the 22. I also bought one for the 14 and had no issues.

I bought the CB door with their latch attachment for my 18” WSM today.
I hope it fits much better than the flimsy Weber door.
I will let you all know when it arrives.

I added the gasket to mine. Made a big difference in the seal. I glued the gasket to the smoker, not the door.

Back