Help - Butt Size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Mayer

TVWBB Fan
Sam's in the Dallas area has a Member's Mark brand Boston Butt that weighs 13-15#. Is that the picnic and the butt together? If so, do they cook the same? I would need to seperate the pieces to fit in the WSM.

Steve-

Odds are it's two butts in one cryovac package. That's how I get them. The packages are usually 12-16lbs in weight, and one of the pieces is usually bigger than the other. If, for some reason, you have a picnic and a butt together, yes, they cook the same. If they are still attached, then it's a whole shoulder. You'll have to check it for fit on your grate (you can do this while it's still in the cryo---less messy that way.)

My money is on the fact that you have two butts in one package, though....

My 2?

Rich

Jim-

That's the figure I came up with by dividing my hourly wage by the amount of time it took me to type it!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

R

Steve, I buy most of my smokin meat from sams. You will be getting 2 butts in cyro. They are a pretty good size, both will fit nicely on one grate when trimmed. While your there, go ahead and get a brisket for the bottom rack! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Steve, I live in Flower Mound too. 3040 and Morriss Rd. If you're talking about the Sams in Lewisville, it is two butts. I get them at the Costco in Southlake as well. It's the same there.

Nice to see another Flower Mound smoker.

Thanks to all for your help!

Jim,
I was was at the Sam's on 635 in Irving when I got my membership this week. I plan on goung to the Lewisville location as well. We are close - I am not far from Gerault and Lexington

Steve, you're just around the corner. If you go outside this morning and take a big wiff I bet you can smell my brisket cooking! I put on a 9.5lbs flat at 6:00AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back