Hello! Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig H

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all! been lurking on this msg board for a while and thought it was time to join. I just scored a Red 22.5 One Touch date code EO (1995) on CL for $50 (maybe i overpaid) but hey it's red. I got it to compliment my 18.5 Red Bar-B-Q-Kettle with no date code or patent pend or # printed. It was my late Grandfather's. I'm guessing it's pre 1970 then? I will post pictures as soon as I can. Question, what is the best cleaner/solution to use to shine up the reds? Is there one way thats better than another? Just curious.

Hey Chill, welcome aboard!
To clean off baked on grime and grease, use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
This thing works fantastic!
Lookin' forward to your posts and photos!
Enjoy your stay
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hi and welcome to the party,
+1 0n the Mr. Clean. Once you get it all spiffy, pick up some covers for them. It will help in the up keep. I'm real happy to see that your inheretance is in good hands.
BTW Where do you hale from?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mac, I am from Omaha, NE. Ditto on the covers. I inherited the 18.5 red back in 2002, Grandpa kept a cover on it as do I. I can definatly tell my new (to me) 22.5 red was not covered by the previous owner. 2 of the 3 wooden handles are rotted and there is a little bit of oxidation on the lid, but nothing to get in a twist over. But I did shine it up with a dab of orange glo. But I will try the Magic Erasure very soon. I would love to convert the 22.5 to a OTG or "OTIS" as someone else on here has, but that will be down the road.

Hey, C.
Another Husker on this forum, Welcome.
The resoueces on this site are great, no dumb questions around here.
AVOID THE LIGHTER FLUID. You got to get you a chimney. Seriously...
God Bless The Cooks.
Amen>

The chimney is the best $20 I've ever spent. I took the one good wooden handle from my 22.5 red and swapped it for the plastic one from the chimney for the lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back