Hello from the Bay Area!

Ryan LaBorde

Hello all,

My name is Ryan, I've been a longtime lurker on this site(especially the photos!) and am now happy to be a member!
I'm fairly new to the BBQ game. Bought my first one touch in 08', and got a smokenator a year or two later. Started doing ribs and pork butts on it for friends and everyone loved it. Got my 18" WSM about a year ago and things have improved from there. I've found a lot to work with on this site and hope to able to contribute in the future.
A little about me: Married father of a two year old boy. Work for a custom window and door shop in San Francisco. Play bass guitar in a punk rock band, collect records(yes, vinyl records like the in the 70's), BBQ/grill and drink good beer. Life is good!

Glad to have you aboard Ryan! Vinyl records..I've been thinking of purchasing a Denon turntable and start listening to LPs again. My other hobby besides BBQ'n is Home Theatre. Big Klipsch and Denon fan.

" like in the 70's "?? I see your just a young pup. Welcome to the group.

I love listening to my vinyl it has a much warmer fuller sound than digital. Roger unless your going real high end on the turntable your probably better off getting a used 20 year old player. A couple years ago a sales guy at an audio shop actually talked me out of buying a new player to replace my old Pioneer when it crapped out and had me fix it instead.

Welcome to the community, Ryan! Very cool about your other hobbies. I played keyboards and sang lead vocals in a progressive metal band a while back, but although I haven't been doing much musically, I'm never going to stop listening to good music and, of course, drinking good beer while grilling and smoking some awesome eats!

What is the name of your band? Just curious...

Again, welcome!

Barret

Welcome to the community, Ryan! Very cool about your other hobbies. I played keyboards and sang lead vocals in a progressive metal band a while back, but although I haven't been doing much musically, I'm never going to stop listening to good music and, of course, drinking good beer while grilling and smoking some awesome eats!

What is the name of your band? Just curious...

Again, welcome!

Barret

Texas Thieves. The band has been together since 2000, I've been in it since since 2004. Amazed we are still at it, that's a long time for ant type of band!

Back