Hello from Tampa

Chuck Schaff

Hi All,

I've been waffling on buying a WSM for many months. As a lot of others, I started smoking on my Performer. After 1.5 months on the Performer, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a 22.5" WSM yesterday. This site provided tons of info to help me make my decision on a WSM and the size to get. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the info.

I just finished putting it together with one minor error. I was tightening one of the bolts/nuts on the heat reflector plate and must of drank too much coffee. I applied to much torque and ended up breaking off the bolt inside the nut. No big problem just a little mad at myself. As mentioned in the forums, Weber is really good and sending out replacement parts.

I do have one quick question. The dome lid fits on but I have to push down to make it somewhat "pop" into the mid section. It seems the mid section is a little out of round. The lid does come out but it does have a little friction when doing so. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Other than that, the "beast" looks fantastic.

Thanks again and I look forward to your responses.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, Glad to have you here with us!!
Yes, having a mid-section out of round is almost the norm... and you can try to fix it yourself, of again, contact Weber.
They may very well replace at no cost plus not want you to return the defective one.

Either way, good luck with it, and hope to see some photos of your cooks!

Hey Chuck, Glad to have you here with us!!
Yes, having a mid-section out of round is almost the norm... and you can try to fix it yourself, of again, contact Weber.
They may very well replace at no cost plus not want you to return the defective one.

Either way, good luck with it, and hope to see some photos of your cooks!

Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the forim Chuck. Jim is correct about Weber replacing the section. Mine was out of round as well and the sent me a replacement.

Welcome aboard Chuck. This is a great place to learn and to share. Remember, we do like pics here. Before you know it, you to will be answering others questions. It is what makes this site so great.

Back