Hello from Tacoma, WA

P Simms

I have always been a fan of fire. And now that my family has moved into our new house, I have the space for some charcoal grills. I have recently picked up two webers off of the local internet classifieds, first was a used 4 times 18in kettle, with all imaginable accessories for 60$, and the second was a WSM 18 that sat in a garage, never fired up once for 200$. This site has been a great resource for me and how to get the most out of my equipment. I did a test run of 6hrs with bacon in my WSM yesterday and found it very easy to control with the aid of all the information on this site. Thanks to all who contribute, I am hungry for the future good food and good times around the fire.20200717_185904.jpg20200628_133427.jpg

Welcome, your story is similar to mine, we got our new house late last December, picked up my first use Weber a WSM 14 in February for $85 and then a used Master Touch in June again for $85. My Master Touch is my daily driver, but I love my WSM. Got some ribs to go on tomorrow morning. I made some bacon a few weeks back it was awesome.

Thanks fellas, I tried my hand at a pork butt yesterday. I made some slaw, all in all turned out alright, I learned quite a bit from this first cook. I'm looking forward to getting my dual probe thermometer in the mail soon, I think my dome thermometer might be about 30f on the cold side. 20200721_223707.jpg20200721_224227.jpg

Back