Hello From Southwest Michigan!

LK Buys

I'm new to the forum, but not to Weber grills. I built my everyday grill from two old Genesis models and the hood from an old Spirit (stainless steel), but sadly without the aid of this forum. I recently found a 1997 Red Genesis 1000 alongside the road (for free) and decided to restore it a bit...So here I am!

I've gleaned tons of info already and look forward to giving back as I go along.

Cheers,
Larry
red_before.JPGRed_after.jpg

Welcome! Where is SW Michigan are you? I’m in Kalamazoo. Nice job getting the redhead back in shape. The only one I’ve ever found for free was pretty much shot, a few parts were salvageable but, not much.

We’re neighbors! I’m in Battle Creek. All my gas Weber’s have been hand me downs, and I don’t “pick” on garbage day, but I saw that red lid and did a U-turn...the guy throwing it out even helped me load it :)

There’s time to learn, don’t worry about it.
I tend to just constantly look for them sitting out with a sign on them or at yard sales. This next week might see some popping up on Craigslist and yard sales. Dads getting new grills for Father’s Day and so on.

Back