Hello from North Carolina

I'm an old fart, but don't trust them anymore. Born in the Tar Heel state and bleed Carolina Blue. Recently moved into our new house as the prodigal son back on the family farm. The (even) newer deck will be finished soon with space for outdoor cooking.

I remember this forum from years ago when I was searching for a smoker, wound up with the 18.5" WSM. Later on, purchased a Daniel Boone GMG. However, the old Weber gasser didn't make the move here. It was old, ugly and still is as reliable as when first bought, but the missus wouldn't have it any longer. We have a place on Top Sail Island, so it lives there now.

So I'm in the market again for a gas grill. I can't find a reason to stray from Weber, but there are so many models now, it gets confusing. I'll start another thread about that and keep this as an intro. Thanks in advance for y'alls help.

Hi Jeromie, WELCOME BACK!!!!!!

I have a LOT of family living in North Carolina.

Last edited:
Welcome Jeromie. Looking forward to some authentic N. Carolina cooks. As for gassers, there are a lot of great grills out there. Hope you make a choice tht fits you best.

I'm an old fart, but don't trust them anymore. Born in the Tar Heel state and bleed Carolina Blue. Recently moved into our new house as the prodigal son back on the family farm. The (even) newer deck will be finished soon with space for outdoor cooking.

I remember this forum from years ago when I was searching for a smoker, wound up with the 18.5" WSM. Later on, purchased a Daniel Boone GMG. However, the old Weber gasser didn't make the move here. It was old, ugly and still is as reliable as when first bought, but the missus wouldn't have it any longer. We have a place on Top Sail Island, so it lives there now.

So I'm in the market again for a gas grill. I can't find a reason to stray from Weber, but there are so many models now, it gets confusing. I'll start another thread about that and keep this as an intro. Thanks in advance for y'alls help.
Welcome, Jeromie!

Really hard to go wrong with a Weber Genesis. I adore my 3 series. Side burner rocks. My only knock on the newer Genny's is that the burners now run north-south instead of east-west. The EW setup, imho, was better for rotisserie.

Welcome aboard and show us what you end up buying!

Back