Hello from Minnesota!

Rich R

Hello Everyone,

I'm around a half a century so been grilling and smoking for awhile and have tried a few different systems. Always been a Weber fan and have always owned several. I currently use two kettles, one original (that just got stored after next purchase) and one gold, just purchased a S330 Genesis, got rid of an old Genesis Gold a few years ago and went without but the advantages of quick cooks and a side burner are hard to go without on the patio. I have a 18.5" WSM that replaced a Bradley smoker (three years ago) had that Bradley for a long time and it served me well, just wanted to use charcoal and forget the electricity (so have no plans on buying a temperature controller for it even though I think it's a great idea for low heat, slow cooks). To complete my Weber pile, I have a Smokey Joe and I have a Weber Fire pit (think they stopped making them) the kids cook hotdogs and s'mores over it sometimes.
I am one who believes I need a kettle, gas grill and smoker in order to cook outdoors, even though my wife doesn't agree but she likes the food!
From Minnesota so yes - it's cold so I stick to gas in the winter and don't bother with the Kettle and Smoker, this year we have been lucky and had several days warm enough to use the kettle.

Rich

Welcome Rich. I bet you have a lot of great stories and tips to share. Glad to have you on board sir.

Welcome Rich. I bet you have a lot of great stories and tips to share. Glad to have you on board sir.

Sure but always smart enough to know I have a lot to learn
20160301_181830_resized_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is tonight's New York Strips off the 330 sear station! Even the dog was happy!

I'll give you a tip, I have made a lot of rubs but if you are a pork chop guy (I buy them thick at costco) there is a rub guy in texas, Texas rubs, get the champion blend and rub them, put them in a gallon freezer ziploc bag, give it 4,5 hours or more and grill.
I have had hundreds of people tell me they were the best chops they ever had. Same as steaks, indirect heat, then sear the finish, really good!
I have nothing to do with the rub suggestion, just that he does it better than I do, so I buy it.

Welcome to the forum Rich, looking forward to seeing more of your cooks. Take lots of pics to share.

Back