Hello from Michigan

Emily Lang

Hi everyone! I have been reading to this forum to help decide what used Weber grill to purchase as my first grill. I ended up finding a Weber genesis silver b (I think?) on Facebook market. It works as is, but it definitely needs a good clean. I’d like to restore some parts of it as well and have some questions.

1. I am having trouble figuring out how to get the gray end caps off in order to soak them. I looked up the assembly instructions, so I found the bolts that should detach them, but I don’t see any tabs on the underside (I think they may have rusted?) that would have originally locked into place. With the bolts removed, the gray caps won’t budge. Any thoughts?
2. I see on this forum that Rustoleum HH Ultra is recommended for the frame and that it comes in semi-gloss. Is that the right sheen for the frame or should I look for gloss?
3. Related to the above, the frame has some rusting, but seems to be minimal. What kind of prep do I need to do before painting the frame?
4. I want to switch out all the nuts and bolts for stainless steel. Is there a parts list already out there somewhere? If not, do I need to bag up everything and just match at the store?

Thank you for adding me to the community!

Attachments

• IMG_8849.jpeg
    IMG_8849.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 10
Welcome Emily,

Good choice on the Silver B. I've had one for a long long time. Mine is in storage waiting for one of my kids to enjoy in the future.

For answers to your questions, my suggestion is to start a new thread in the gas grill forum with a clear subject like "looking for help with a new-to-me Genesis Silver B"

You'll get much better responses there as the experts that I've picked up many tips from hang out in that forum, and as you find more questions having your entire grill restoration Q&A covered in one thread will make it easier to follow.

Cheers

since you posted a pic of your furry friend, here is a thread you may want to add to

Back