Hello from Illinois!

Dave Evanston

Hi wanted to say I've been reading posts on the TVWBB for a little while but finally decided to join. I've had my kettle grill in storage and am itching to get it back outside now that the weather is getting above freezing here.

I also just recently purchased a Weber Genesis on craigslist for $50 and wanted to pick everyone's brain about what type of model it was, best way to restore and etc..

I look forward to reading more posts and am glad I am now a member of this great community! :D

We are glad that you joined too Dave!

If you can describe or post a pic of your Genesis in the gas grill section you will surely find out the model and other info about it.

Welcome aboard Dave. As Bob said, if you can post pics of the Genesis you will get all the help you need. Both Bob Correll and I are restoring Genesis 1000 currently. It is a great way to go and will give you a lot of satisfaction. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thank you Bob! I posted photos in the gas grill section and will keep the a log of the progress of the restore. Looking forward to how its going to turn out

Welcome to the group Dave. Kettles work just fine in the winter too.

Bob, I agree with you about the kettle and winter, but then again, I live in Los Angeles so we really don't have what you call winter. To me, winter is the occasional rain storm and 50 degrees or so and overcast. I do however with we had four seasons.

Back