Hello from FL

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello to all, my new 22" wsm arrived yesterday, (thanks to link here), it is all together and bought some parts today for a couple of mods. my ET 732 also showed up yesterday as well. I have been smoking on my OTP kettle for 6 years now (16 yr old kettle with wood handles) and now that I retired and moved to FL. I thought it was time to step up, man that baby is big, love it. I'm looking to my first smoke this Friday with a 9lb shoulder so i can get used to a long burn without having to tend to the grill every hour like before, my acess door was damaged during shipping and Weber already has a new being sent to me. I am sure I will have to get used to the Florida heat as my smoker was up to 125 just sitting in the sun, something i will have to adjust to after smoking from up north for all these years. My only question right now is I have this on my patio which has marble tiles that are on PVC feet for water drainage, how hot will it get under the heat shield keeping in mind i will have it on casters. Thanks to all for a great site and will get pics soon and let everyone know how my receipe from the kettle differs from the wsm.

Dave

Dave, welcome to the forums! You're going to love it here! Congrats on your retirement…you're lucky to have every day to play with your Webers! :cool:

Welcome Dave. Mine sits on a wood patio and the heat shield seems to do a good job. The only issue I have had is dropping a lit coal on the porch. Unfortunately I have not taken any actual readings. That would be a good excuse for a temp gun though. Good luck as the weather warms. I have found temp pretty easy to control.

Thanks all, as to your question Mike, upstate New York, IL, IN, OH and now here for good, i will let you guys know how the first cook goes this weekend

Hey, a Leesburg sighting, played leesburg high school in baseball a few times back 12-13 yrs ago, if you're as good at smoking as they were at baseball, your neighbors will be salivating. Welcome.

Back