Hello from Butler, PA

Tom Winslow

Hi. I have been meaning to check this site out for awhile. My Name is Tom Winslow and I have been cooking on bullet smokers since last November. I am also the head cook for Rusty Kettle Barbecue, an amateur bbq team with just my wife and I. We cook on 14.5" WSMs and plan to add the 22.5" WSM for next year. We even managed a first place ribs in the amateur backyard comp in Buckhannon WV at the Almost Heaven BBQ Bash on a 14.5" WSM.

We will be competing in Lynchburg, TN in the Shade Tree division at the Jack Daniel's Invitational on Oct. 23, 24. If you are in the area and want to say hi feel free to stop, we just ask if we look busy for you to just come back a little later. I am sure we will have some free time at some point to shoot the breeze.

Anyways, nice to meet you guys and hope we can learn a lot and maybe contribute a little to this community.

It's about time you got over here Rusty. Good luck next week at The Jack.

Sincerely,
image.php

Hi Tom! Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is really helpful. It's great to see someone fom Butler! I grew up there, went to Lyndora elementary and the old Jr. high until the middle of 8th grade when I moved to AZ.

Welcome to the forum Tom. Hope you do next weekend. This is a great place to both learn and to share. Congrats on that win.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Scott yeah I know I should have joined sooner especially since I cook on bullets these days.
Good to see a familiar face.

Mark good to see someone actually who knows where Butler is. If you remember where Meridian is we are just up above Lyndora.

Mark good to see someone actually who knows where Butler is. If you remember where Meridian is we are just up above Lyndora.

Hey Tom. I know exactly where it is! I actually lived in Meridian for a few years--on Heather Drive, just a mile or so from the Farm show grounds.

Mark since you know where the farm show grounds is then you know where I live. We live between whitestown road and 68.

I can literally step out my front door and see the farm show grounds. We are right on Meridian road. We aren't far from where you use to live.

It really is a small world after all. :)

Back