Hello Everyone Newby from South Carolina

Tom Dover

I am the proud owner of a Weber 120, 220 (older units) and a Genesis 1000. The 1000 I picked up off of the side of the road and rebuilt. New Flavorizer bars, stainless burners and stainless cooking grates. The 120 was rescued at a yard sale and rebuilt...Not bad on that one grate and regulator and it was up and running.. The 220 has never faltered. The 1000 I have replaced all but the valve body. I cant seem to get a decent flame and it takes forever to get hot.. I still have some ideas and with everything else new all points to the brass adjustment assembly. I have taken it apart and lubricated the adjustments and it appears to be passing air when I blow through it. There is only one last piece to check when I get
back to it. I refuse to let it beat me... Everyone have a great day!!

Welcome Tom, glad to have you here. Trouble shooting a grill can be a bit of a pain but with a Genesis 1000 there can only really be a few things to consider and I'm sure you have checked most of them by now so I won't bore you with a checklist, I'm sure you will figure it out.

Well, found my problem. The fellow at ACE hardware sold me a gas regulator (Webber) and an adapter. There was the problem. The Genesis 1000 needs a regulator with a male end. The hole in the adaptor was way too small. After looking at th correct adaptor online it struck me as to what was going on. I took a small drill bit and ran it through the hole in the adapter. The grill is now heating to 500 degrees in abot 10 minutes, burning off several years off grime off the flavorizer bars and all in all I am tickled to death... Now it is ready for another 25 years!!! Everyone have a fantastic day!!

Back