Height under lid of 26.75"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom L

TVWBB Fan
Is there more height under the lid of a 26" grill than the 22"? I'm torn between a platinum 22" and a 26" but if the 26" can do beer can chicken without a lot of trouble, it might be the winner.

Hi Tom,
I have had a 26 for a couple of weeks now....my first Weber, went for the 26 to handle the larger amounts of food needed for parties and stuff and it also has lots of room to do a variety of meats, veggies, baked potatoes, etc all at the same time. My first chicken cooked was a beer can chicken, a six pounder with plenty of lid clearance.
I started it at 350 degrees and planned to be out for an hour to run an errand or two but got stuck in traffic due to some very heavy thunderstorms that came though. I expected the fire to be out and the chicken ruined as the grill was right out there in all that rain but when I came back 2 hours later, there it was cooking away at just around 325...ended up cooking close to 3 hours, very flavorful, juicy bird.
The way I plan it, I'll get a little smokey Joe sometime of craigslist for when I need only a small amount of grill space, but have all the room of the 26 when needed. Either way, you will be happy I'm sure.
Marc

Last summer I was teetering between the 22.5" and 26.75" kettles. I pulled the trigger on the 26.75" and have never looked back. I love the extra space, especially when I smoked ribs on it before getting a WSM. IMO, it's better to have have the extra space when you need it, than to not have it. It doesn't really use that much fuel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back