Heatermeter 4.1. do I need to leave SO card in the pi?

DarrickC

Finished the soldering last week and it worked great.

I removed the SD card to use.for another application. Now my heatermeter will not connect via wired network. Does the SD card need to stay in the pi?

Last edited:
Like John said, the SD card needs to be there if you want the internet side to work. The Heater Meter can run completely on its own, even without the rPi (or SD card), but it will only control the pit and show you the probe temps on the HM display. The entire operating system, web server and all are run from the SD card through the rPi.

Finished the soldering last week and it worked great.

I removed the SD card to use.for another application. Now my heatermeter will not connect via wired network. Does the SD card need to stay in the pi?

Is this version 4.1.4 of the heatermeter or an earlier version

Is this version 4.1.4 of the heatermeter or an earlier version
Any Raspberry Pi needs to have the SD card installed at all times or else it won't continue to operate. The Pi has no onboard storage other than RAM so it can't run without it. The version of HeaterMeter is inconsequential.

Any Raspberry Pi needs to have the SD card installed at all times or else it won't continue to operate. The Pi has no onboard storage other than RAM so it can't run without it. The version of HeaterMeter is inconsequential.

This was more about the version of PCB that he build, not if the rasberry Pi needs an SD card with another version.

We want to order the new 4.1.4 board but want to know if this board works fine.

Back