Hatch Chile

Ryan Burke

TVWBB Fan
Bought some seeds from Sandia Seed Company in NM and planted them a few months back. We have a lot in the garden and looking for some of your favorite recipes or ways to use them. For sure going to top some roasted ones on a burger.

Please look up Christmas enchiladas. Had them in Albuquerque and they are awesome. Work really well in Chile Verde. I am a hatch Chile junkie. Can I give you a UPS number? (Hehe)

That is the signature dish of New Mexico…..
Recipe from Genius Kichen…. THANK YOU
Recipe is the closest I found to what I ask ate a lot of in Santa Fe and Albuquerque ……
1626734543432.jpg

Authentic New Mexico Green Chile Stew​

Prep Time: 45 min Cook Time: 2hrs 45mins Servings: Serves: 4 Source: geniuskitchen.com

INGREDIENTS​

6 -7 1/2 hatch green chilies (if not available anaheim will work too)
1 lb pork shoulder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 minced garlic cloves
1/2 -1 jalapeno, diced (only necessary if using anaheim chiles)
3 cups chicken broth
3 ounces beer (optional)
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 large potatoes, diced 1/2-inch
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour

DIRECTIONS​

Broil green chiles in the oven turning often to evenly darken skin making sure they don't burn.
Remove from oven and cover with a dish cloth for 10 minutes to steam the skins off.
While the chiles are resting, cube the meat, sprinkle with salt & pepper and brown with onions & garlic in oil in a large pot for 5 minutes.
add jalepeno, broth, half a can of beer, spices.bring to a simmer.
let simmer for 1 hour.
Peel skin from chiles, chop and add to the pot (including the seeds).
Let simmer for 30 minutes then add the tomatoes & potatoes (add a cup of hot water if needed).
Simmer until potatoes are done.
melt butter in a small skillet & add flour, cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly -- add to the pot.

Back