Has anyone used these?

I've used the Hickory but not the Apple. Not bad
Likewise. Problem is, the bags are smaller than the regular Kingsford and they cost more. It's more cost effective to just buy the regular Kingsford, and add chunks of would for your desired smoke (imho)

I bought a similar bag of RO (Hickory) and it did smell good in the chimney, but that quickly diminished after I dumped it. I bought it because it was in the CL aisle, I wouldn't pay full price otherwise. I feel it's better suited for thin pcs of meat that you want to add just a kiss of smoke. Larger cuts and longer smokes, your prolly better off using straight K and chunks like ChuckO pointed out.

Tim

Thanks for the replies. I've used the mesquite before. I was just cruising the aisles and these jumped out at me. Like I say, I bought a bag outta curiosity. I just had a new rotisserie delivered and provided everything works after UPS had it's way with it, I'll use a lil sumthin different for the maiden voyage.

I don't remember the "flavor" I tried but I remember a slight chemical taste----- just use real wood!

I'll probably add a little wood to it. I'm more excited about the new rotisserie though.

I've never tried them but I do like the competition briquettes and just add wood chunks. Costco runs them on sale every Spring and I load my truck up.

Back