Hardware size

AndySo

TVWBB Member
I need some assistance in hardware identification so I don't have to disassemble the already restored silver B to find the right hardware.

I am restoring, possibly into a frakengrill, a genesis gold, from 2 different golds where I managed to cobble together enough good parts to make one grill from. I previously restored a silver B that was posted here, but in my haste, I did not write down what hardware I bought from the local store. On the silver B I was able to recover the original hardware and used that as a side-by-side comparison to pick out the right size in stainless. Unfortunately I'm not so lucky on the gold units, had to cut the hardware due to rust/seized. To save me some time, can someone post the correct size hardware needed for the left side of the firebox, as well as the size for the two bolts needed for the manifold? Would the length of the bolts be identical for both a Gold and a Silver A?

Lastly, I finally recovered a lid that has end caps held down with bolts versus the studs + thread cutting nuts. I'm going to replace the end caps with the one using bolts but all of the old bolts were so far gone I couldn't get a single one to use as reference. What is the appropriate size hardware for that?

Some of what you're looking for can be found here, e.g. the end cap bolts and nuts.

Someone like Bruce or Jon can probably speak to the size of the firebox and manifold bolts.

I beleive the firebox bolt is 2" 1/4"x20 and the manifold bolts are 1.5" x 1/4"x20. Make sure you use stainless steel and many recommend using Never Seize on them as well.

I beleive the firebox bolt is 2" 1/4"x20 and the manifold bolts are 1.5" x 1/4"x20. Make sure you use stainless steel and many recommend using Never Seize on them as well.
Thank you! I will absolutely use stainless steel and never seize.

Back