Happy Halloween ~ Time for hot dogs!!!

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
It's been seven years now that the wife and I have been doing this, and it's seriously a blast.
We started out giving candy to the kids and offering hot dogs to the parents. The first year it was fun coaxing the parents up the drive for a dog, but it didn't take long for the word of mouth to get around the neighborhood and I had parents and kids looking for the Hot Dog Guy.
I make fifty hot dogs, so it's kind of first come first serve.
I'm still amazed that the kids will stop and wait for a dog, then take the time to put ketchup and mustard on them before heading to the next house.
It's a lot of smiles for very little money.
I've even had kids ask if they could have a dog instead of candy, and you should see them light up when the wife says they can have both if they want.

You are a good neighbor. That's what we are missing around this world these days. People doing something out of their kindness of their heart. Too many people are looking for monitory value in return. You are looking for smiles on kids faces. That is awesome!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 50 dogs last about an hour.
I look forward to this all year. Not sure how many people we'll see tonight, they'r calling for rain.
I'll open all the doors in the garage, move the grill to the back half with the fan on, and give the kids a place to get out of the rain.
Next year I'll have a Dine-N-Fly set up, but they are calling for it to be windy and I don't want it blowing down the street.

Well, sadly it's over for another year. We had horrible weather, but still had a bunch of kids. I again failed to get any pictures. Like I said it's hard to get pictures of kids on the run. We gave out just over 40 dogs to kids and parents alike. I'm thinking that if the weather is nice next year I'm going to move up to 100 dogs. It only runs a few dollars, but getting the kids (and parents) out of the weather for a few minutes and seeing those smiles (even on the kids) is well worth it.

Can't wait till next year.

Mark, what a great idea. Hope you wont mind if I steal it and try it at my house next year!

Well, sadly it's over for another year. We had horrible weather, but still had a bunch of kids. I again failed to get any pictures. Like I said it's hard to get pictures of kids on the run. We gave out just over 40 dogs to kids and parents alike. I'm thinking that if the weather is nice next year I'm going to move up to 100 dogs. It only runs a few dollars, but getting the kids (and parents) out of the weather for a few minutes and seeing those smiles (even on the kids) is well worth it.

Can't wait till next year.

Sorry to hear about the weather... Next year hopefully is better.

Back