Happiness is...

ToddF

TVWBB Member
Two butts and a brisket resting in a warm cooler...!
icon_razz.gif

First time I've ever mixed my meats, as they say. I put the butts on the bottom since they were checked in for a longer ride. I followed Weldon's very good schema for the brisket and am expecting off the chart exceptional results from the look of things. I used his idea of the brisket on a rack in a broiling pan to maintain the bark and keep the brisket from dripping on the butts--though it prolly would have been just fine if it had (although I'd refrain from pork dripping on brisket, just to be safe). In retrospect, wish I could've written foiled broiler pan, but oh well!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a Midnight Burn Man, none of that "high heat" stuff for me! As a tribute, I timed Vulcana's fire-up to TV coverage of what may be the last time a Shuttle launch lights up the night sky. I remember watching the first launch with my whole grade school (!!) gathered around a small set on an AV cart in the middle of the gym!

Godspeed, Discovery. Think they've ever had brisket in space?! ( Yup! Day 2, 5, and twice on Day 8! (pdf)

All in all, it was Nostalgia Night at the Smokey Q Lounge, what can I say...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToddF:
As a tribute, I timed Vulcana's fire-up to TV coverage of what may be the last time a Shuttle launch lights up the night sky. I remember watching the first launch with my whole grade school (!!) gathered around a small set on an AV cart in the middle of the gym!

Godspeed, Discovery. Think they've ever had brisket in space?! ( Yup! Day 2, 5, and twice on Day 8! (pdf)

All in all, it was Nostalgia Night at the Smokey Q Lounge, what can I say...
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember watching the first launch of the Space Shuttle too. And yup it was everyone in the gym all around an a/v cart too. Now, just how do you think they lit the WSM on the shuttle to make that brisket?

Todd, I hope the brisket and butts turn out great. Let us know the end result. It sounds like you're on your way to some good eats!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

Weldon

Back