Hanging Ribs in the WSM

NDekens

TVWBB Member
Im going to attempt to hang some baby backs in my WSM here in the next day or so. Im trying to get an idea of cook time when hanging vs the normal indirect 3-2-1 method. Im not planning on wrapping these ribs though.

so any input on how long it ahould take for baby backs and spares?

thanks!

I hung a rack of St. Louis trimmed spares last week. Cooked at 275°F for two hours. Pulled them. Wrapped them in foil, meat down, with butter pats, brown sugar and a drizzle of honey. Opened them at an hour. Probed tender. Temperature was 201°F to 203°F.

If you don't foil make sure to use two inter-linked hooks. Start checking at about 2 1/2 hours in. Realize the racks will be much darker in color too. Lower the temperature and they will take longer.

I just rub and hang, no sauce , no wrap, around 275, should be done in around 4 hours, but keep an eye on them towards the end. Double hook, try to get under 2 different bones

I just rub and hang, no sauce , no wrap, around 275, should be done in around 4 hours, but keep an eye on them towards the end. Double hook, try to get under 2 different bones

Same method for me...no wrapping. So far (knock on wood) I've done fine with 1 hook per rack, both backs and spares. Regardless though, LOVE the way they come out and just the ease of the whole process.

Back