Handles on the coal kettle?

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Has anyone done this? I never thought of it until I saw the CajunBandit mods on their web site... then of course,.... I got to thinkin'...

Maybe when I shoulda been smokin'...

remember that is a WEBER KETTLE that has a center section added, so those handles are from the Kettle itself. most people add 2-4 handles on the center section of WSMs, some add vertical using existing holes, others like me have drilled holes and added horizontal handles {I used garage door handles in BLACK to match
icon_wink.gif
}

For a WSM I am not sure I would need handles, the legs could also be used and If I am moving that part cold I will hook a toe and drag {I am in a wheelie chair....} hot I would hook a leg with my long dutch oven lid lifter

on the other hand, adding the handles would add to the "cool mod" factor
icon_biggrin.gif

Dan, I've added handles to the center I thought the CajunBandit Modified WSM looked pretty awesome and I especially liked the hinged door... however, I will not attempt to copy that fete.

I am talking about adding handles to the lower section... I have two beat-up Weber handles and can easily bend up some stainless to bolt on the lower coal kettle...
we'll see how ambitious I am ....

Back