Handles mod. Why?

I think everyone should be able to choose their own handle orientation - horizontal, vertical, none at all
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd Randall:
I'm simply in awe that this thread is now on page 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it is riveting conversation. Actually, my original question was answered back on page one.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Branon S.:
You're not using the handles throughout the cook. They make it easy to add or remove the body from the bottom section before and after the cook. I have only had to remove the body during a 14+ hour cooks to add more lit coals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott G.:
I think everyone should be able to choose their own handle orientation - horizontal, vertical, none at all
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't ask, don't tell
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Irish:
Does the cover still fit with the handles attached? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, at least mine does. I mounted the handles vertically, in the existing holes.

BOB

Nice tip, Greg. Tell me, if you would, when and how often do you find the handles useful?

Thanks.

Steve,

I use the handles every time I use the smoker. I keep it in my garage, so when I take it outside, I can carry both the middle and top section at the same time. It's also nice at the end of the smoke when I need to empty the ash.

By the way, the cover easily fits over the handles.

I buy the no-name handles at Menards that are $1.69 each, and place four on each WSM.
Just bought 4 more last week to add handles to the latest acquisition.
My WSMs sit on a table, and I like the handles to make it easier to lift the center section off for dumping ashes, prepping fire, etc...

Back