Half rack of lamb going on soon

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Had to visit the old man today. He's fading away pretty quick :( Anyway, wife and I spent a few hours with him, then jumped in car for ride home. Got Big Z getting up to "grilling" temp of 450+ and gonna toss that on there. Marinated with EVOO, Thyme, fresh garlic, lemon zest S&P. I'm asking for 475 on Big Z but seems to have topped out about 30 deg less. :( That is one place it's performance seems to lack a bit unless I take out the big grease tray. Then it cranks right up there in a few minutes. Getting hungry here while I enjoy my Single Malt Lowlands Scotch. Takes everything outta me when I go to see the old guy

Sorry about your dad, mine checked out about 6 years ago. Hopefully it’ll be a peaceful passing.

Would like to see an action photo of the big Z. I don’t think I’ve seen it

Enjoy the Scotch, you earned it

Had to visit the old man today. He's fading away pretty quick :( Anyway, wife and I spent a few hours with him, then jumped in car for ride home. Got Big Z getting up to "grilling" temp of 450+ and gonna toss that on there. Marinated with EVOO, Thyme, fresh garlic, lemon zest S&P. I'm asking for 475 on Big Z but seems to have topped out about 30 deg less. :( That is one place it's performance seems to lack a bit unless I take out the big grease tray. Then it cranks right up there in a few minutes. Getting hungry here while I enjoy my Single Malt Lowlands Scotch. Takes everything outta me when I go to see the old guy

Spend as much time with him as you can. Enjoy your meal. I'm about to throw on some Ribeyes.

Thing is he's deteriorating physically but not mentally. If he last until the end of Dec he'll turn 98! But he's still quite sharp, no dementia. But physically he's a total wreck. Especially since he fell mid April and broke his pelvis. Hard to believe only 18 mos ago he only then decided to give up his car. We had our differences over the years. But, much of that is on me. In many ways I was the nightmare son.
Anyway I'll try and get some "action shots" of it.
I do think somehow Z Grills has to rethink the algorithms it runs on as I think it just does not feed enough pellets to keep that huge a space up to temp

Back