Guacamole Deviled Eggs

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
While checking over recipes using CILANTRO for my Grilling game, I came across this one. It just sounds so good.

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

4 whole eggs in the shell
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
1 TB. chopped cilantro
1 TB. minced green onion
2 tsp. minced seeded jalapeno pepper
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch paprika

1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel. Slice eggs in half and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
2. In the bowl with the yolks, combine the avocado, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Mix well and fill empty egg white halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.

Source: allrecipes.com 2002

While checking over recipes using CILANTRO for my Grilling game, I came across this one. It just sounds so good.

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

1 TB. chopped cilantro
1 TB. minced green onion
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch paprika

1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel. Slice eggs in half and remove yolks to a mixing bowl.
2. In the bowl with the yolks, combine the avocado, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Mix well and fill empty egg white halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.

This sounds great. I am going to make this but will smoke the eggs and avocado. Smokey Guacamole Deviled Eggs

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

1 TB. chopped cilantro
1 TB. minced green onion
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch paprika

Well, it took a while, but DH made these for an appetizer for last nights dinner. All I will say is "EXCELLENT"

Hi Pat, thank you. We had some left over which DH wants to cut up and put in tonights dinner called " California Cobb Salad" which calls for avocados, hard-boiled eggs, grilled chicken and some other ingredients. If you do make it and have some left over and this salad turns out good, you will at least have something to do with them. lol

Just for the record, the recipe does say 2 avocado's. DH used 2 small Hass avocado's and 6 whole eggs and there was still too much avocado. So next time he is going to cut the recipe back to just 1 avocado. (no wonder we had so much left over. lol)

I have noticed that a lot of recipes calling for avocado do not specify what type or how much, other than how many. Anyone else have this problem?

Just came across this recipe again and got the craving for it. Showed it to DH and he did also. I think we might be having these real soon. lol

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

1 TB. chopped cilantro
1 TB. minced green onion
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 pinch paprika

sounds great! Thanks.
Ray

Back