Grilling story from the Times UK

Thanx for post the link Ken. I have to say I have not heard that before. Even seeing cooking shows on TV they always have said "We'll flip it in about 4mins.." or whatever. Ever 15-30 second...Interesting. Clearly that's cooking direct.

I wonder how many sets of tongs this guy wears out? 15-30 seconds? Really? Hows it supposed to cook/ Oh,wait. It's a "super barbecue"! Yeah,that's it!
icon_wink.gif

I haven't tried it but it is supposed to work really well. The idea is to build the sear evenly on both sides to get the exact finish you're looking for. One day I'll try it, not sure the results would be worth the effort though!

Clark

Hello my name is Bob and I'm a "flipper".

I've been doing this for years and it's great to know I'm not alone. There is just something about a steak sizzling on the grill that makes me have to look at the other side. I can't help myself.

Ok you don't get those crossed grill marks that all of you love but you do get one fine great tasting steak out of the deal.

I like the reverse sear but sometime I feel like I'm going to have a nervous break down not being able to look at that steak for so long.

What if something sneaks in and eats it when your not looking. That won't happen if your flippen. If your flippin your always lookin.

It's probably just me, but I'm having problems with taking someone that chooses a certain gas tank because ti is "cute" seriously.
I'll have to work with that.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Perrin:
I wonder how many sets of tongs this guy wears out? 15-30 seconds? Really? Hows it supposed to cook/ Oh,wait. It's a "super barbecue"! Yeah,that's it!
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bet you his forearm is huge!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Sample:

What if something sneaks in and eats it when your not looking. That won't happen if your flippen. If your flippin your always lookin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is the best post I've read in a while, thanks Bob!

Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Sample:

What if something sneaks in and eats it when your not looking. That won't happen if your flippen. If your flippin your always lookin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is the best post I've read in a while, thanks Bob!

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Clark.

We have lots of sneaky critters here in Eastern Ontario. Can't turn your back on them for a second. I think Daniel's pork loin could have use a little more attention. Mind you it does appear to be on a cedar plank.

Sometime last year, I ran across this article from A Hamburger Today blog, where the writer did a scientific study of flipping ever 15 sec. or so vs. leaving the burger on one side for a long period of time. Interesting findings - the flipper burger reached the same IT as the long sitting burger faster, and was more evenly cooked.

flippin' vs. not flippin'

Anyway, this is one of the discussion papers to this article :

,,I fail to understand BBQs. You pick the hottest day of the year and then light a fire !!!!!!!! You are 15 feet away from your Fitted Kitchen. You pick the Person Least Qualified to do the cooking. You then cook it with food is burnt on the outside and raw in the middle. Then wait until it's cold before you serve. No wonder you have to get drunk in the process - it's the only way to eat the food. And Then It Rains,,

Really interesting idea
icon_biggrin.gif

Back