Grilling Riddle

You ain't right, Ted! You're funny as hell, but you ain't right.... Jim Mc is right - that was a good one, Jon! The sneaky part was the steak was in a pan on the stove and it implied that the grill marks happened THERE somehow. But Joe was all over it and as soon as he said "ran out of gas", it brought back painful memories of a prime rib I was making for my in-laws one Christmas... :(

Hey Joe, you DID win! You won our respect. With that and about $6 you can get a latte at Starbucks. :) You are WAY up there near NYC - just guessing, is that Exit 163? Been a long time and I can't keep the bridges and exits straight (GW, Tappan Zee, Verrazano, etc.).

So your saying you did a Forward sear instead of a Reverse sear? :D

It's looks Great no matter how you did it BTW!

I have a grill pan that gives marks like that on the stove top, but you are obviously not using that kind of pan. Not sure how you did it and waiting for the answer.

Ray

Hey Ray, it's kind-of buried in the thread somewhere but what happened is that Jon started the steak on his gas grill and got the grill marks, but then the propane ran out so he had no choice but to finish the steak in the pan - and that's how he got the grill-marked steak in the pan. Joe (from Jersey) figured it out so he's the "winner" for solving the riddle. No doubt about it, this was a GREAT riddle! Jon's idea of having a "mystery photo" as a regular feature sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if the rest of us are as sneaky as Jon was with this riddle... Hope you enjoy a great weekend, Ray! -Mickey.

Back