Grilled up Hanger Steak (not Hot Dogs, Jeff)

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hanger steak:
Marinated in Garlic, Pepper, fresh Thyme, EVOO and Worcestershire.
Just before grillin' a pinch of salt added. (held it to the end, did not want the juices to flow)
DSCN2631.jpg
DSCN2632.jpg

Potatoes:
Sliced long then EVOO'd them...
DSCN2627.jpg

Poblano Peppers & onions:
Simply oiled 'em...
DSCN2628.jpg
DSCN2629.jpg

Bok Choy:
Grilled then lightly kissed them with a blend of Franks Sweet Chili and Soy sauces and a just a tad of sesame oil.
DSCN2633.jpg
DSCN2635.jpg

...and this was dinner...
DSCN2640.jpg

It was to happen yesterday, butt this was the scene...
DSCN2626.jpg

2 inches of rainwater in 40 minutes so we went downtown to eet some spectaluar Mexican food
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for viewing.
Enjoy the evening everyone!

This one would really get me. The peppers and bok choy with that sauce. Everything sounds and looks unbelievable.

This meal inspires me. I need to get the grill fired up more often on weeknights. Great job Jim. And thanks for sharing.

Really good looking food Jim i se that u love ur bok choy and i have never even tryed that but i will for sure.

Steak looks great.

Nice post.

+karma

Jim....you mention not putting the salt in the mix until right before the cook.

What's the reasoning behind that? I recall reading somewhere that salt perhaps lets more of the juices into the meat? Or something else?

Thanks!

Hi Tim, actually, i believe salting this cut of meat releases the juices from the meat... Therefore, i salted late.
I may be absolutely incorrect... butt...
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Liar! You did post your hanger steak! And I'm glad you did.... Nice cook and pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dang Jim! that's good looking stuff.

what did you put on the bok choy...oops I see it now. It looked like you made grilled kimchee, really cool.

hangers are juicy enough as is. I prefer to take them to medium and they still are juicy. With hangers, I'd say salt away, and have no worries.

Back